Sierra by the Sea offers trusted opioid addiction treatment in beautiful Newport Beach, CA. To better serve the individual needs of our clients, Sierra by the Sea provides gender-specific rehabilitation to aid in the successful recovery of each individual.
Learn More About Opioid Addiction Treatment
Learn more about opioid addiction treatment at Sierra by the Sea in Newport Beach, CA
Opioids, a classification of natural and synthetic substances that are derived from the opium poppy plant, are highly addictive in nature. Heroin and prescription pain medications are two types of opioids that can entrap men and women in a vicious cycle of substance abuse. Once a person has become dependent upon an opioid, he or she will experience painful withdrawal symptoms if he or she attempts to stop using the substance. These withdrawal symptoms can drive a person back into a pattern of opioid abuse, which why it is important for a person to receive treatment in order to successfully defeat an addiction of this kind. By seeking professional care at a quality opioid addiction treatment center, a person will be able to receive the care, learn the skills, and develop the confidence that can enable him or her to overcome the compulsion to abuse these dangerous drugs.
At Sierra by the Sea, we recognize the immense battle that attempting to overcome an addiction to opioids poses for our clients. For this reason, we have developed specialized opioid addiction rehab programming that is tailored to help individuals overcome their dependence upon opioids, while also learning the skills that are necessary to successfully manage future cravings and prevent relapse.
How to Help a Loved One
Helping a loved one get treatment for opioid addiction
Known to be one of the most difficult types of addiction to overcome, an opioid addiction can quickly take over a person’s life if rehabilitation at a substance abuse treatment center for opioids is not sought. If you have a loved one or family member who is battling an addiction to heroin or prescription painkillers, you likely know the widespread devastation this type of chemical dependency can cause. As a concerned friend, sibling, spouse, or other loved one, you may even know what it feels like to try to help your loved one, but are all too familiar with the disappointment of seeing the person you care about continue on this dangerous path of substance abuse. What is important to keep in mind, however, is that there are still some steps you can take to help your loved one during this difficult time. Consider the following suggestions:
- If you have not done so already, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of opioid addiction, and learn all that you can about what it means to be addicted to your loved one’s drug of choice. By learning about this form of chemical dependency, you can begin to understand why your loved one has been unsuccessful at stopping his or her abuse of opioids.
- Establish a plan of action for what to do in the event your loved one experiences health complications as a result of his or her opioid abuse. When an individual is addicted to opioids, there is an ever-present risk for overdose. By coming up with a plan for how to handle such a concern, you will be able to help your loved one in an effective and life-saving way.
- Research treatment centers that are able to treat your loved one’s opioid addiction, and take into consideration any unique treatment needs that he or she may have. There are several addiction treatment centers in existence, however, in order for your loved one to get the most out of his or her treatment, it is best to determine a center that is equipped to care for your loved one in the most effective manner possible.
- Have a conversation with your loved one about his or her addiction, and try your best to do so without judgement or criticism. The person you care about likely knows the damage his or her addiction has caused, so it is best to try to make the conversation as productive and supportive as you can. During this conversation, you can also convey the need for treatment and rehab to overcome an addiction to opioids and share your list of treatment centers with him or her.
- Offer to contact your loved one’s treatment centers of choice, and try to make yourself available to accompany him or her to any tours or assessments that are scheduled. This is a great way to show your support.
- Lastly, it is important to also seek care for yourself. Your loved one’s addiction has likely impacted you, and there is much to be gained when you receive support for yourself. Look into individual counseling, support groups for loved one’s of individuals battling addictions, and be open to attending any family therapy sessions that may be scheduled at your loved one’s treatment center.
Why Consider Treatment
Why consider treatment for opioid addiction at Sierra by the Sea in Newport Beach, CA
Because opioids are so addictive, a person can be at the mercy of this type of substance after ingesting it just one time. The high that is produced by heroin and prescription painkillers when they are misused, either separately or together, can cause an individual to abandon all the areas of life that were once near and dear. Prolonged abuse of opioids can damage relationships, cause a person to lose custody of his or her child or children, increase the likelihood of having interaction with law enforcement, and lead to arrest or long-term incarceration if treatment is not sought. Furthermore, opioids can severely impact a person’s health and cause irreversible damage. The risk of contracting HIV, hepatitis B or C, and other blood-borne viruses goes up exponentially when opioids are abused intravenously. Lastly, should an individual continue to abuse opioids and develop a tolerance for his or her drug of choice, the likelihood for an overdose increases as well. Fortunately, there are treatment options available that can save the lives of those grappling with opioid addiction. In seeking care for an opioid addiction at a top-notch treatment center, the previously mentioned consequences and risks can be not only reduced, but avoided all together.
Types of Treatment
Types of opioid addiction treatment offered at Sierra by the Sea in Newport Beach, CA
At Sierra by the Sea, we are dedicated to upholding a standard of excellence as we provide comprehensive, medically monitored chemical dependency rehabilitation and treatment for individuals who are struggling with an addiction to alcohol or drugs, including opioid drugs. Our beachside treatment center is located in Newport Beach, California in a serene setting that offers panoramic views of beautiful sand and tranquil waves. In this setting, Sierra by the Sea offers clients the ideal environment to embark on their journey to recovery. Here, clients can escape the stressors of their everyday lives and place all of their time, energy, and focus on becoming well again.
Our expert team of therapists, drug counselors, nurses, and clinical technicians is devoted to meeting clients where they are at in their recovery and customizing the treatment experience to meet all of their needs. At Sierra by the Sea, we offer a designated men’s program and a women’s program where gender-specific groups are held and programming is altered based on the various issues that men and women face. During various activities, however, men and women will engage in programming together while at our opioid addiction treatment center.
When partaking in residential rehab at an opioid abuse treatment center for an opioid addiction at Sierra by the Sea, clients will have the opportunity to take part in the following therapeutic interventions:
Detoxification: When clients come to us with opioids still in their systems, it may be most appropriate for them to take part in the detoxification process prior to fully engaging in the therapeutic aspect of programming. A doctor will see clients within 24 to 48 hours of being admitted into the program. The detox process is monitored 24/7 by our compassionate nursing staff, and our treatment professionals do everything in their power to ensure that clients’ detox process is safe and as comfortable as possible.
Medication management: When clients come to us with a preexisting psychiatric diagnosis, they will be required to meet with our medical director or one of our physician’s assistants once each week. When a co-occurring psychiatric disorder is not present alongside a client’s addiction to an opioid, then he or she will only be required to meet with the medical director or one of our physician’s assistants once during his or her stay. The medical director and qualified nursing staff facilitate all medication management.
Individual therapy: Individual therapy sessions are an important part of the therapeutic process at Sierra by the Sea, as they are designed to provide clients with time to meet one-on-one with a mental health professional to discuss any concerns they have or to review the progress they are making in treatment. Our certified addiction counselors work closely with our marriage and family therapist interns and trainees to conduct these sessions in a manner that is most beneficial to meeting the clients’ needs. Each client will meet with his or her substance abuse counselor twice per week for progress updates. The marriage and family therapist intern or trainee will also meet with the client at least once per week, with additional sessions being added on an as-needed basis.
Family therapy: Our marriage and family therapist interns and trainees will conduct family therapy sessions once each week if the client’s family members are available and if the client wishes to integrate them into his or her treatment plan. Depending upon the needs of the client, teleconference sessions with the client and his or her family members may also be incorporated into the client’s individual therapy sessions.
Group therapy: Group therapy sessions are a central component to the treatment offered at Sierra by the Sea, with numerous group sessions being held throughout the day. Marriage and family therapist interns, marriage and family therapist trainees, chemical dependency counselors, and clinical technicians are responsible for leading the various groups that clients participate in at our treatment center for opioid addiction. Participation in these group sessions is required and the curriculum of topics that are covered during these sessions may include the following:
- Anger management
- Defense mechanisms
- Relapse prevention
- Nutrition and wellness
- How the disease has impacted clients and their families in a negative manner
Once clients have completed residential programming, we will work to ensure that all clients have a solid support system in place prior to leaving residential treatment.
If you or someone you care for is struggling with an addiction to opioids, look no further than Sierra by the Sea. Our seamless continuum of evidence-based treatment interventions allow all of our clients to receive best-practice rehabilitation and treatment at any place and at any point in the life cycle of their addiction. Here, true recovery can be achieved and a bright future can be rediscovered.